Friday, June 22, 2018

John Clement Day II





John Clement Day is June 7...not a national holiday but it's meaningful to me.  It was the day in 2011 I went on my first day trip to the Blue Mountains and beyond with John Clement.  He showed me the most beautiful places to photograph and gave me inspiration to continue driving the back roads of Washington, Oregon, Montana and Idaho looking for more.
 This year, 7 years later, we made another trip down some roads that were new to me in Eastern Washington.  We started out at 4am and caught the first light after a rain storm near Waitsburg, WA.  John has an extraordinary sense of where to be and when to get there to photograph the most amazing light.  It feels magical to me.






John was hoping to find purple vetch covering the hills along the way.  And it was there. 





Western Kingbird


                                                                        

No comments:

Post a Comment